CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- CAMART2 project - H2020-WIDESPREAD-2014-1 (2017-2023).
- "When and how ODS particles are formed? - X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy and ab initio modelling of ODS steels",
EUROfusion Enabling Research Project (CfP-WP15-ENR-01/UL-01), 2015-2017 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Multifunctional materials and composites, photonics and nanotechnology" (IMIS2),
Latvian National Research Programme in Materials Science, 2014-2017 (Responsible: A.Kuzmin).
- "ODS steel with high creep strength",
EUROfusion WPMAT - Advanced Steels (AS-2.3.2-05), 2014 (Responsible: J. Purans, A. Anspoks).
- "Synthesis and study of photoluminescent and magnetic properties of perovskite-type LaInO3 activated with Pr3+, Nd3+ and Sm3+ for white LED applications",
Latvian-Belorussian co-operation programme in science and technics, 2014-2015 (Responsible: M. Mironova-Ulmane).
- ESF Project
"Innovative materials for transparent electronics and photonics", No. 2013/0015/1DP/188.8.131.52.0/13/APIA/VIAA/010
01.10.2013-31.08.2015 (Head: A. Kuzmin).
- "Production and characterization of laboratory-scale batches of nano-structured ODSFS",
EURATOM WP13-MAT-ODSFS-01-01, 2013 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Experimental validation of models",
EURATOM WP13-MAT-IREMEV-05-01, 2013 (Head: J. Purans).
- "XAFS studies of functional material local structure with femtometer accuracy",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.402/2012, 2013-2016 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Local structure determination in functional materials from x-ray absorption spectra",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.187/2012, 2013-2016 (Head: A. Kuzmin).
- Materials, Physical and Nanosciences COST Action MP0804: "Highly Ionised Pulse Plasma Processes",
2010 - 06.2013 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Nano-structured test samples for a combined near-field and X-ray microscopy",
project within the bilateral collaboration programme between France and Latvia, 2012-2013 (Heads: J. Purans and D. Pailharey).
- ERAF "Innovative glass coatings",
01.07.2010 - 01.07.2013 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Development of novel multifunctional materials, signal processing and information technologies for competitive knowledge-based products" (IMIS),
Latvian National Research Programme in Materials Science, 2010-2013
Project No.1: Multifunctional materials (Responsible: A. Kuzmin).
Project No.4: Biomaterials (Responsible: N. Mironova-Ulmane).
- "Structure of nano-oxide materials and self-organization in stochastic media"
Latvian Science Council Grant No.09.1580, 2010-2012 (Head: J. Purans).
- MNT ERA-NET Matera Project
"Functional materials for resistive switching memories" (FMRSM),
2009-2012 (Head: R. Dittmann, Responsible: J. Purans ).
- ESF Project "Nanomaterials for perspective energy effective solutions", No. 2009/0202/1DP/184.108.40.206.0/09/APIA/VIAA/141
2009-2012 (Head: G. Zvejnieks , Responsible: A. Kuzmin).
- "Advanced Functional Materials for Microelectronics,
Nanoelectronics, Photonics, Biomedicine and Composite Materials, and related Technology Development",
Latvian National Research Programme in Materials Science,
2005-2009 (Head: M.Springis, Responsible: A. Kuzmin).
- "X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy with Femtometer Accuracy",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.09.1191, 2009-2012 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Study of Local Dynamics and Structure in Nano-Oxide Materials",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.09.1211, 2009-2012 (Head: A. Kuzmin).
- "X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy with Picometer Accuracy",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.05.1714, 2005-2008 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Advanced Spectroscopic Approach to the Study of Nanomaterials Structure",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.05.1717, 2005-2008 (Head: A. Kuzmin).
- "Nano-scale chemical mapping and surface structural modification by joined use of X-ray microbeams and tip assisted local detection (X-TIP)",
Specific Targeted Research Project
(supported by European Commission 6th Framework Programme), 2004-2007 (Head: F. Comin, Responsible: J. Purans).
- "Lanthanide Chemistry for Diagnosis and Therapy",
European COST Action D18, 1999-2006 (Head: J. Purans).
- Study of nanocrystalline oxide films for nano-lithographic applications",
project within the bilateral collaboration programme between France and Latvia, 2004-2005 (Heads: J. Purans and Y. Mathey).
- "Stable Gadolinium Complexes with fast water exchange for MRI Agents",
NATO SCIENCE PROGRAMME - collaborative linkage grant, 2004-2005, University of California,
Berkeley (Head: K. N. Raymond) and ISSP, Riga (Head: J. Purans).
- "X-ray Absorption Picoscopy of Advanced Materials",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.01.0811, 2001-2004 (Head: J. Purans).
- "Nanocrystals structure reconstruction from x-ray absorption spectra using
ab initio theoretical methods",
Latvian Science Council Grant No.01.0821, 2001-2004 (Head: A. Kuzmin).